Cantillon Consulting Sarl (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and shall respect the principles imposed on us in this regard by Swiss data protection laws and, if applicable, those of the European Union.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site https://www.cantillon-consulting.ch (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to any such advertisers as we may engage with in future. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
In the main these service providers are located in Switzerland and the European Union where appropriate protection of your personal data is provided. Where such providers are American we are will ensure that they are certified under the Swiss-US Privacy Shield programme.
All information you provide to us is stored on our host’s secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not disclose your information to any third party without obtaining your prior written consent. We do not currently engage in any form of advertising, marketing, or promotional agreements with third parties but should we undertake to do so in future, we will take steps to allow you to prevent any related processing of your data, e.g., by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You will also be able to exercise the right of withholding such consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should our site come to contain links to and from the websites of such third parties, please be aware that, if you follow a link to any of these websites, they will have their own privacy policies and that we will not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these third parties’ own policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
.Access to information
We will abide by any statutory rights of access you may enjoy with regard to the information held about you. Should you wish to exercise such rights, this can be done at your request, subject to a fee of SFr25 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.